Thursday, September 22, 2005

Updates from Bryan and Lauren

U of H Law Center classmate Lauren Chapman checks in with news about her trip to Austin:

Adam,

I headed out to Austin yesterday about 2 hours after classes were cancelled--and obviously before the major rush hit. It took me a little over 4 hours to get from Montrose to South Austin (usually takes 3). I'm staying with friends and am keeping my fingers crossed that the ACL Festival is still going on--which is what I was going to do this weekend anyways! Right now my friends are at work, and I've tried studying, but I'm finding it hard to concentrate since I have lots family trying to get out of the coastal region today.

That's my story,
Lauren
(Yes, I did intend to use the royal 'our'.)

Another outstanding member of 'not that social' Section A, Bryan Dahlberg, has some predicitons from the BCS computers about the path of the Hurricane.


Bryan is without question the greatest ping pong player I have ever known.

3 Comments:

At 6:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Adam Block has a blog? Now, that's something truly dangerous.

Weather's nice up here in New York. Mom and Dad were supposed to be leaving Houston this weekend for a wedding in San Antonio. They tried to go this afternoon, got nowhere, and headed back to Meyerland. Maybe Mom can get into a mah jong game.

 
At 7:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Howdy,

Matt Juren from Section B here. I'm with my parents and brother and we've decided to stay home for now. We spent the last two days boarding the windows up. I never realized how many windows our house actually had. We're down in Friendswood which is supposed to be under mandatory evacuation, but with the condition the freeways are in you can't really go anywhere anyway.

With the way the storm is turning, it shouldn't be as bad as we thought the last couple of days, but if it does turn South we'll head on out.

I'll be online all weekend or till the power goes out. If anyone wants updates or to talk, you can reach me at
aim: mattjuren, cell: 713.858.9258, or email: mcjurenATcentral.uh.edu

 
At 3:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually we decided to leave. We are now in Corpus Christi spending the weekend on the beach.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home